Saturday, October 5, 2013

The Revival of Attractive Excuses

its time,its time that I've returned !
Lol.Its good to be back I haven't blogged for about three years now ,I've experienced some interesting things learned some new things and seen some weird stuff,and took on a whole new view of the world,and a new view on us as humans.
Which brings me to the topic of my post.
Women of the impressionist age ,my god we've come far .I recently had the pleasure of accompanying  my mentor to the art institute to take a look at the exhibit of fashion and art in the age of impressionism.
And It struck me that although these were beautiful garments with intricate design and may I say 'built to last ' fabric quality and structure( definitely don't have the same quality made clothing anymore)
Getting to my point these women dressed in very constrictive clothing ; the dresses that would be called summer dresses were thick and heavy when I look at the craft of the dresses I couldn't even begin to understand how a dress as such could be well equipped for the weather that the summer brought ,and the corsets .Here in lies my major concern to what women feed into as the ideal way a women's body should look (developed from the males view).The idealization at some point in early time lead to the invention of the corset ,a very bad invention that many women wore that does damage to the organs ,the way these corsets were made ,well regularly these corset are made with metal boning,the corset is designed the curves of and hour glass and as we all know once it was put on the body it was pulled in very tightly constructing this figure of what the eye would catch as "ideal" hour glass waist ,another way these corsets had been made were with whale bones just as bad as the metal bones (worst actually) these specific invention im sure was common cause of bad health in many women ,in the age because these corsets were responsible for crushing organs,and frequent fainting due to the lack of air they were able to let into their lungs.
I looked around and thought to myself why do we do these things to ourselves!  Why do we continuously do things to change our bodies and etc. That aren't quite healthy for us in the end. My fashionable advice ,ladies ,stilettos do ugly things to our feet ,find a better alternative Dresses that you  squeeze that ass into knowing its two sizes too small don't wear it
My point in this article today is very simple our bodies should be comfortable in what we wear and should have no ending result in the disfigurement of our feet or anything else,wear what fits you.
thank God for Coco Chanel if it weren't for her I don't know if anyone else would've been able to do what she did for fashion .

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
"""